Open Gardens - 27th and 28th April, 2019
Crimson Rosella enjoying the Roses
Stroll around the gardens and enjoy the beauty of over 200 roses plus lavenders, budelias and more. All overlooking the tranquil Campaspe river.
Interact with farm animals. Goats, sheep, chickens and guinea fowl.
Enjoy tea, coffee, cake and scones on the lawn surrounded by flowers.
Gates open 10am and close at 4pm. Cost of admission is $8 for adults. Children under 16 are free.
River Gardens Axedale, 91 Brownes Lane, Axedale. Situated on the beautiful Campaspe River halfway between Bendigo and Heathcote in Central Victoria.
B&B - All for only $117 per night. Don't miss out. Book now: 0418 621 648
Luxury B&B farm stay accommodation right at the heart of Bendigo and Heathcote's renowned wine region.
Treat yourself to a B&B weekend getaway in central Victoria. Experience luxury bed and breakfast farm stay accommodation in the beautiful Bendigo and Heathcote wine regions.
River Gardens Axedale is a luxury B&B suited to couples. No kids. No noise. An ideal weekend getaway just for you and your partner.
Enjoy your weekend in our rose gardens drinking local wines and watching magnificent sunsets over the Campaspe river.
Your search for the best Bendigo and Heathcote winery accommodation ends here.
- Private B&B room with own entrance.
- Private luxury ensuite bathroom.
- Kitchenette - tea / coffee facilities - toaster and microwave.
- Cooked or Continental breakfast served in your room.
- Rose gardens surround the accommodation.
- 133 acres of farm to explore. Fish, kayak, feed the farm animals.
River Gardens Axedale is surrounded by cellar doors and boutique wineries. Our B&B farm stay accommodation is less than a 20 minute drive to the wineries, cellar doors and vineyards of Axedale, Eppalock, Mandurang, Toolleen, Redesdale, Mount Camel and Heathcote.
Excellent shopping and award winning tourism venues are available in Bendigo (just a 20 minute drive west) and boutique shopping in Heathcote (just a 20 minute drive south-east).
5 Star Bed and Breakfast Farm Stay Winery Accommodation - Book Now
Our Bendigo and Heathcote Farm Stay B&B is rated 5 Stars by Airbnb, Tripadvisor and Google guests. Read the Weekend Notes independent review of central Victoria's best Bed and Breakfast. Please note that River Gardens only has one room available for guests. Children under 12 years of age are not catered for.
Be sure to book your weekend getaway early for the Heathcote Wine and Food Festival, Heathcote on Show, Bendigo Swap Meet, Bendigo Easter Fair and Elmore Field Days.
Book your luxury Bendigo and Heathcote wine region B&B accommodation now for as little as $117 weeknights or $137 weekend nights.
River Gardens Axedale Luxury Accommodation 0418-621-648
Things to do:
- Explore 133 acres of farmland.
- Wander the gardens and enjoy the colours and perfume of over 200 roses.
- Collect farm fresh eggs and feed the sheep, goats and alpaca's.
- Fish the Campaspe river for cod, golden perch and redfin.
- Catch yabbies in the creek.
- Ride the O'keefe Rail Trail to Bendigo or Heathcote. The rail trail is only 900 metres from the River Gardens front gate.
Places to visit:
- Heathcote and Bendigo wineries.
- Lake Eppalock.
- Pink Cliffs at Heathcote.
- Valley of Liquid Ambers at Heathcote.
- Bendigo Pottery.
- Golden Dragon Museum Bendigo - home to the longest Imperial Chinese Dragon in the world.
- Central Deborah Gold Mine Bendigo.
Where to dine:
- Axedale Tavern and Coffee House - only a 5 minute drive from River Gardens.
- Toolleen Hotel - Tin Shed - only a 15 minute drive from River Gardens.
- Farmers Arms Hotel Junortoun - only a 15 minute drive from River Gardens.
- Hotels, Pubs and Bistros of Bendigo and Heathcote - only a 20 minute drive from River Gardens.
- Redesdale Hotel - only a 25 minute drive from River Gardens.
There is no motel accommodation in Axedale. The only local accommodation available is in one of several excellent farm stay bed and breakfasts.
Local Farm Stay Bed and Breakfast Getaways
Farm stay bed and breakfasts include River Gardens Axedale, Axedale Farm Cottage, Lazy Days Estate Farm Stay and Wyuna Farm. All bed and breakfasts are close to the Bendigo and Heathcote wine districts cellar doors and vineyards.
Bendigo and Heathcote Motel Accommodation
Closest motel accommodation is a 20 minute drive west at Strathdale on the outskirts of Bendigo in the Best Western Crystal Inn or at the Heathcote Retreat Motel which is a 20 minute drive to the south east in central Heathcote. Be sure to book early for your weekend getaway.
Lake Eppalock Caravan Parks
Caravan Park accommodation is available on the shores of Lake Eppalock. Lake Eppalock is approximately a 15 minute drive south of Axedale. Accommodation is available at the Lake Eppalock Holiday Park, Metcalfe Pool Holiday Park, Lakeshore Caravan Park and Moorabee Lodge Caravan Park.